Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Taupo


Ray had a very successful day fishing with his guide. It didn’t rain and the rivers were not washed out; the winds didn’t even pick up until late afternoon. 10 fish total and he was a happy camper. I followed the path alongside Lake Taupo for about 4 miles, walking a fast clip. It was a peaceful and beautiful parklike setting. Thought I had walked about half the lake only to find that I had only done a small bay of it, and barely out of the town of Taupo. In the afternoon, I meandered my way around the city centre and all of its shops. Found a butchery where I bought some lamb chops marinated in chili sauce and mint, which we cooked in the little kitchenette. Turned out to be one of our better meals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home